- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
This quick dinner recipe is a different take on an Italian pasta classic – lasagna. Made with rotisserie chicken, pasta, bacon, cheese and a homemade alfredo sauce, your family is sure to love this creamy version of the traditional dish that’s made with marinara. And if you want to save some time and get dinner on the table even faster, feel free to substitute the sauce with your favorite brand of jarred alfredo from your local Food Lion. Serve with a side salad or add some veggies - like squash, zucchini or spinach - to your Chicken Alfredo Lasagna for a complete meal.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Remove each individual noodle from water with tongs and lay flat on a greased baking sheet. Set aside.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then cook the onion and garlic until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Slowly pour in heavy cream and bring to a boil. Whisk until thickened and smooth. Add Parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic powder until combined, then remove from heat.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese sauce throughout a greased 13x9” baking dish, then add a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Spread a thin layer of shredded chicken on top, then sprinkle some bacon and mozzarella over the chicken. Spoon over a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat layers, in order, until noodles are gone.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Tip: For a vegetarian version, use mushrooms and spinach instead of chicken and bacon.