- 15 minutes
- 10-12 minutes
This fresh summer salad topped with avocado, onions, and mozzarella cheese puts a new spin on caprese salad. Drizzle fresh lime or lemon juice on top for an extra tang!
- Place the marinade ingredients into a large Ziploc bag and use your fingers on the outside of the bag, to push the ingredients around to combine. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts one at a time into a plastic bag or in between two layers of plastic wrap. Use a small rolling pin or a meat tenderizer to flatten and make the chicken evenly thick.
- Place the flattened chicken breasts into the marinade and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Heat the grill or a cast iron grill pan over medium heat. Spray the grates of the grill with cooking spray and place the chicken on the grill. Cook on each side, about 5-6 minutes, or until you have good grill marks on both sides and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into strips and prepare the salad. Arrange the lettuce in the bottom of a large bowl. Top with avocado slices, onions, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and grilled chicken. Drizzle the avocado with a little fresh lime or lemon juice to prevent browning. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with balsamic dressing on the side.