- 15 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
- 4 - 6
What is a bog recipe? This southern comfort food consists of chicken, sausage, and rice. Try this chicken and rice dish tonight for a great meal!
- In a large, deep pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter and saute the onions and carrots for 5 to 10 minutes until softened.
- Add in the sausage and cook until the sausage is browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the rice and cook until it begins to toast a bit, about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken stock, the garlic powder, the salt, the pepper, and the Parmesan cheese. Stir everything together, reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and continue cooking until the rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in the cooked chicken and heat for another 5 to 10 minutes, uncovered. Stir occasionally and top with dried parsley and additional Parmesan if desired.