- 20 minutes
- 25 minutes
Simple, beautiful, and flavorful! This classic French chicken dish will impress any gourmet, but doesn't require any fancy tools or ingredients--Just your hands and a few toothpicks!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use a mallet or spoon to pound breasts to 1/4" thickness. Remove top layer of plastic wrap.
- Place 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese, and 1 thyme sprig inside each chicken breast. Starting from the thinnest edge, tightly roll each breast into a tube shape, tucking in edges as you go. Secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg. Season breadcrumbs and flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast first into the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Place coated chicken onto a well-greased baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, turning once. Serve immediately.