- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
This comforting, robust chicken dish is easy to prepare and sure to please! Mushrooms and Dijon mustard make a gravy that will pair perfectly over rice or noodles.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions, and saute until tender, approximately 8 minutes. Remove mushrooms and onions from pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Melt 3 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon olive in skillet. Add chicken, cooking 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Depending on skillet size, it might require cooking chicken in 2 shifts.
- While chicken is cooking, whisk broth, mustard and flour, blending well. Pour over chicken.
- Add mushroom mixture to pan.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Top with chopped basil, and season to taste.
Serve chicken and gravy over rice or noodles.