- 30 minutes
- 60 minutes
Kick this classic Italian dish up a notch by combing two loved dishes into one!
- Take chicken breasts and place between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, pound until thin. Heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Season breasts with salt and pepper and brown in butter/oil mixture until golden brown on both sides.
- Once browned, dice into 1" squares and set aside.
- Add button mushrooms to the pan that you cooked the chicken in. Add 2 Tbsp butter and cook over medium high heat for five minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Place spinach and garlic in the same pan and sauté for three to four minutes over medium high heat until wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add Marsala wine, beef stock and 1 1/2 Tbsp butter. Cook for 15 minutes until reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan cheese, half of the mozzarella, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- In a 9x13 baker, place one layer of lasagne noodles on the bottom of baker. Spread 1/2 of ricotta mixture over top.
- Layer wilted spinach over top the ricotta layer and cover with another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Place diced chicken over the lasagna sheets along with the mushrooms and top with another layer of ricotta filling.
- Place final layer of noodles over top and top with remaining mozzarella. Pour Marsala reduction over top and top with oregano.
- Bake in a 350º oven for one hour.