- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Soften stick of butter and mix well with chopped parsley and 1 / 2 teaspoon kosher salt. Mold into small bowl and refrigerate.
- Wash chicken thoroughly and dry with paper towel. Trim any excess fat or grizzle. Make a long vertical slice down the middle of the chicken, careful not to cut it in half. Next, slightly make two horizontal slices left and right so the chicken is largely flat. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place a large sheet of plastic wrap on the counter. Place one chicken breast on the plastic wrap and wrap chicken entirely.
- Using the flat bottom of a small handled pan (or if you have a meat mallet) pound the chicken. In one pan, heat grapeseed or canola oil until very hot. Cook chicken until browned on one side and flip, cooking until chicken is cooked through. Do not overcook.
- In another pan, heat olive oil. Smash and salt garlic and add to olive oil. Be careful not to brown garlic or it will overwhelm the spinach. Add fresh spinach and stir until wilted. Add a small sprinkle of salt over spinach. Remove the garlic before serving. Squeeze lemon juice over spinach and stir one last time.
- Spoon spinach onto plate and place chicken atop it. Garnish chicken with pat of parsley butter and serve immediately.