- 15 minutes
- 75 minutes
- In a large, deep, oven-proof skillet (such as cast iron), heat the canola oil and fry the chicken (skin-side down). Cook for approximately 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time and taking care not to burn the skin.
- Place the browned chicken on a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside for later. Drain all but 3 tablespoons of drippings from the skillet.
- Place the purple potatoes and onions in the skillet and cook them on medium-high for about 15 minutes, stirring them once or twice during the cooking time. Add the wine and chicken broth and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the browned chicken back in the skillet and nestle the pieces in between the potatoes and onions. Carefully transfer the skillet to a 375-degree oven and cook for approximately 35 minutes.
- At that time, add the peas and butter to the skillet and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chopped dill over the skillet if desired.