- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a greased 9-inch pie plate, unroll one pie crust, and press firmly into dish.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add flour and stir with a whisk until flour is fully incorporated and has turned a rich brown color. Gradually add chicken stock and spices. Reduce heat to low.
- Add chicken and vegetables to broth mixture, and stir well. Bring mixture to a simmer, and cook five minutes more, until gravy is thick and vegetables have fully thawed.
- Pour chicken mixture into prepared crust. Top with second crust, and crimp edges together using damp finger tips. Use kitchen scissors to remove any excess dough from edges.
- Whisk egg, and gently brush over prepared pie. Cut three to five 2-inch steam vents into crust. Bake at 425 for 1 hour, or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving.