- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings (total 8 cups)
This dish isn't a soup, but serve it in shallow bowls for an artful presentation to showcase the vegetables in the aromatic broth. To make the rustic meal more substantial, add a small mound of fluffy, cooked rice to the bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts; cook for 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine all the pesto ingredients in a blender and pure until nearly smooth. Stir in the chicken broth.
- Pour the pesto-broth mixture over the chicken. Add the corn and peas. Increase the heat to high. When the liquid comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut the chicken breasts into slices and transfer to shallow bowls. Ladle the broth and vegetables around the chicken. Garnish with thyme sprigs and sprinkle with pepper.