- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings (12 dumplings)
- Pour the chicken broth into a small saucepan over high heat. When the liquid comes to a boil, add the chicken. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside to cool. Set aside the chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon and onion in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat for about 4 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Transfer the chicken broth to the large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Use your fingers to shred the chicken. Add to the soup. Stir in the half-and-half and corn. Cook, stirring over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and salt to taste.
- In a small bowl, stir together the avocado and lime juice. Add to the soup. Stir in the tomatoes and parsley.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side. Suggest that guests drizzle the soup with more lime juice to taste.