- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Makes 6
A hearty, zesty and totally satisfying sandwich! Itâ s a quick and easy dinner idea thatâ s sure to please.
- In a food processor, combine Italian parsley, the oregano, the garlic, the jalapeno pepper, the shallot, the olive oil, the red wine vinegar, the cilantro, the salt, and the smoked paprika, then puree. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, add the onion and the bell pepper and sautÃ© for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the frozen meatballs and the marinara sauce; stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes until the meatballs are heated, stirring occasionally.
- Take each hoagie bun and place 3 to 5 meatballs in each bun, along with some of the marinara sauce.
- Top with some of the shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Place the buns on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 2 to 3 minutes to crisp the buns and melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top each hoagie with the chimichurri sauce and grated Parmesan.