- 10 minutes
- 1 hour 10 minutes
Enjoy a sweet, spicy and cheesy take on loaded potato skins that is surprisingly healthy, with sweet potatoes, chicken breast, greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and of course cheddar cheese to top it all off.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes on a half sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Prick a few holes in them with a fork. Cook for about an hour, or until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- While the potatoes cook, cook the chicken. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Grill on medium or cook in a pan until cooked all the way through. Let cool slightly and shred with your fingers or a fork.
- Place the mayonnaise, lemon or lime juice, diced chipotle peppers in a medium bowl and stir with a spoon. Add the chicken and spinach and combine.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise. Use a small spoon to carefully scrape out the flesh. Leave a little in each skin, so it can hold its shape and stand on it's own. Reserve the flesh for a later use. Place the sweet potato skins on a half sheet pan and cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, to crisp up.
- Scoop chipotle chicken and spinach mixture into the skins. Sprinkle with a little cheese. Place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes, just to melt the cheese and further crisp up the skins.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro and sour cream or Greek yogurt. Enjoy immediately.