- 35 Minutes
- 25 Minutes
- Makes 12 Servings.
Fruit mince pies aren't for everyone. If you're more of a chocolate lover, try your hand at this homemade chocolate caramel mince pie recipe!
- To make the pastry combine the flour, icing sugar, cocoa, cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor and pulse. Add butter then pulse, add the egg, vanilla and process until the pastry is completely combined (if needed, add 1 tablespoon of water). Remove from bowl, wrap completely in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Spray a light coat of cooking spray to 12 regular-size muffin cups or grease with butter.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out half of it between two sheets of parchment paper that’s dusted with a little flour to a thickness of 3 millimeters.
- Using a 4 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles, line the individual muffin cups and put in to the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the chocolate filling, mix together the almond meal, chocolate, pecans, egg, sugar and brandy in a bowl. Spoon caramel in to each muffin cup, then the chocolate mixture and lightly brush the edges milk.
- Place the remaining pastry between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll out, cut (12) 3 1/2 inch circles and top each of the mince pies, pressing the edges together.
- Place in to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Take a piece of paper, create a star cutout and use as a stencil to decorate the tops of the pies. Place on the top of each pie and sprinkle with icing sugar and remove.
- Serve and enjoy!