- 15 minutes
- 3-4 hours
- 20 bars
Indulge in a decadent chocolate brownie topped with a layer of cherry cheesecake that Dad is sure to love.
- Place the chocolate and the stick of butter into a glass measuring cup. Melt on high in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir with a spoon and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and coffee. Whisk in the butter and chocolate mixture. Then stir in the oil. Use a rubber spatula to mix in the flour and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla and eggs. Fold in the can of cherry pie filling.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Spread the brownie mix in the bottom of the pan. Place the cheesecake filling on top of the brownies and spread with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until completely chilled.
- Slice into bars, drizzle with melted chocolate if desired and enjoy.