- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
There’s something magical about the combination of a hot dessert with a cold topping. It’s comforting and refreshing all at the same time. And that’s exactly what you can look forward to you when you bite into this indulgent, gooey skillet sundae. Made with refrigerated cookie dough, you can certainly use a chocolate chip variety like we did in this recipe, but feel free to use sugar, white chocolate macadamia or peanut butter cookie dough if you or your family prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x10 cast iron skillet with nonstick baking spray.
- Evenly press the cookie dough into the bottom of the skillet to create one large cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cookie is lightly golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat the hot fudge topping in the microwave using 10 second intervals and stirring between each one until warmed.
- Scoop the vanilla ice cream onto the center of the cookie and drizzle the entire cookie with hot fudge. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, if desired, and top with the whipped topping and a cherry. Enjoy immediately.
- Recipe Tip: Use your favorite kind of cookie dough and dessert sauce to make this recipe your own!