- 30 minutes
- 12 minutes
- Makes 16 cookies
No bones about it, these Skeleton Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies are a perfect Halloween treat. Get step-by-step directions from Food Lion and start baking!
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the cocoa powder, the grated chocolate, the cinnamon, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add half of the flour mixture and combine well. And the rest of the flour mixture and continue to mix well.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and wrap it in plastic. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll out the dough to a thickness of ¼-inch. Use the cookie cutter to create the skeleton cookies. Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. It’s important to chill the dough to prevent the cookies from becoming too “plump” and losing their shape.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool.
- Place the royal icing in a piping bag with a small circle tip. Pipe a “skeleton” figure on each cookie (using the recipe photo as guidance).