- 30 minutes
- 1 minute
Chocolate covered strawberries are lifesavers. They're the easiest to throw together when you have last minute parties. You don't need a ton of ingredients, there is no baking involved, and they are super delicious. They also have some great health benefits. I love to make them for football games. I use sprinkles to match up with my team colors, extra chocolate to turn them into footballs, or pretzels for an extra crunch. The possibilities are endless.
- Wash the strawberries off in cold water and dry them out by setting them on a paper towel for twenty minutes.
Use a chocolate melter to melt chocolate or use the stovetop.
Dip the strawberries into the chocolate and place them onto a sheet of wax paper.
Make sure the strawberries are completely dried off before you add them to the chocolate. If they are wet, the chocolate will clump up.
- If you do not have wax paper, use a solid plate.
- If you are adding nuts or pretzels, roll the chocolate covered strawberry in the extra ingredients while they're wet.
- Use a squeeze tube or the end of a knife to drizzle difference colored chocolate designs over the top. I used a squeeze tube.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on when the strawberry is wet.
- Press the chocolate chips into the strawberries.
- Just have fun with them!