- 45 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Makes 8 to 10 servings
Oatmeal takes on an upgraded flair with this chocolate-and-strawberry dish. It's a great way to start an awesome day.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, the brown sugar, the cinnamon, the baking powder, and the salt. Mix well.
- Add the strawberries and chocolate (reserve some strawberries for garnish) and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 9-inch deep dish pie pan and smooth it until flat.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, the melted butter, the egg, and the vanilla. Thoroughly combine the ingredients, then pour the wet ingredients into the pie pan on top of the dry ingredients. Let it soak in.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 45 minutes until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with brown sugar and a handful of chocolate chips. Top each serving with whipped cream and additional sliced strawberries.