- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 24 cookies
Make and decorate your own heart-shaped chocolate cookies this Valentine's day and cover them with a flavorful frosting made with fresh raspberries.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in sour cream and vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour, salt, then cocoa powder.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4” thick and use cookie cutter to make desired shape.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes.
- To make the frosting, first puree raspberries. You may need to add a splash of water to get it going. Put puree through a mesh strainer to separate the seeds.
- Add butter and powdered sugar to bowl and start mixing. Slowly add in raspberry puree until it frosting forms. (You may not need all your puree)
- Spread on cookies using a knife.