- 2 hours
- 10-12 truffless
Thick, creamy, chewy...once you have one truffle you won't be able to stop. Make for a bite-sizes dessert for a party or for your loved one on Valentine's Day.
- Chop, shave, or grate chocolate and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the heavy cream into the saucepan and bring it to a simmer (not a boil).
- Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes and then quickly pour over the chocolate in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a large towel and let set for 5 minutes. Using a whisk, stir the mixture until it is well blended, creamy and smooth.
- Next, either move the mixture to a large container or cover the bowl it is currently in with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Once the truffles have been set, use a cookie scoop or deep spoon and scoop out the mixture and roll into balls in between your hands until smooth.
- Roll into the cocoa powder until covered and repeat until all of the truffles have been rolled.
- Store the truffles in the fridge.