- 20 minutes
- 1 minute
- 12 chunky cheese sticks
These homemade mozzarella sticks are easy and tasty. The combination of mozzarella and colby jack are a great blend for a tasty snack.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Whisk together milk and eggs in a bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Cut refrigerated mozzarella cheese block horizontally into two pieces. *For smaller cheese sticks, cut block into 3 pieces then follow remaining instructions.
- Take one slice of Colby jack cheese and place on each piece of mozzarella cheese. Press down firmly to adhere the two cheeses together.
- Cut each block into 6 pieces.
- Dip each block of cheese into the egg wash, then breadcrumbs, twice.
- Place in skillet, six at a time, and fry until golden brown. Each side takes about 30 seconds.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with marinara sauce.