- 15 minutes
- 60- 65 minutes
- 12 servings
- Zest the orange, lemon and 2 limes. Set the zest in a small bowl and squeeze in the juice from those fruits. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan, by brushing on vegetable shortening and coating with flour. Shake any excess flour out.
- In a large mixing bowl, using either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar until they are fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time to incorporate. Scrape the bottoms and sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Add the zest and juice from the orange, lemon and 2 limes. Add the lemon oil and incorporate into the batter.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and incorporate. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Add the dried fruit and nuts and fold into the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake in a preheated 350 F degree oven for about 60-65 minutes. Or until when you press on the cake, it bounces back. You can also check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick, when it comes out clean, it's ready.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the lemon juice and sugar. Once dissolved, remove from the heat and add the white rum. Use a toothpick to make a few holes in the cake. Spoon the mixture over the cake, while it's still in the baking pan. Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours in the pan. Then turn out onto a parchment lined half sheet pan. Cut in slices to serve. Keep the cake covered and store at room temperature.