- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- In a large pot, combine beer, and half of the sliced onions. Bring to a low boil.
- Prick sausages all over with a fork. Submerge in beer mixture and let simmer 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter. Once melted, add remaining onion, bell pepper, chili flakes, salt and pepper and cook until soft, about five minutes.
- Remove sausages from beer mixture and add to skillet with onions and bell peppers, and brown well, about five minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread remaining butter on the rolls, if using, and toast gently.
- Serve hot sausages immediately topped with sauteed onions, peppers, sauerkraut and condiments.