- 15 minutes
- 2 hours
- In a large cast iron skillet, cook sausage slices over medium heat until beginning to crisp, about 5 minutes. Add celery, onions, and bell peppers and continue cooking until beginning to soften and extremely aromatic, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic to skillet, and cook 2 minutes longer. Add rice and stir to combine.
- Add garlic powder, celery salt, parsley and hot sauce to skillet. Continue stirring to toast rice.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato juice and stock to skillet. Bring mixture to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook 50-60 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 5 minutes, until shrimp is bright pink and cooked through.
- Serve hot jambalaya immediately, garnished with additional parsley if necessary.