- 5 minutes
- 2 minutes
The first recipe I taught myself to make was classic tuna salad. Coming from the south, it was something simple and easy I knew I couldn't mess up. However, I traded out unhealthy ingredients for healthier ingredients and surprisingly, it's my most popular recipe and even one my family recommends. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! It's packed with balanced flavor and so much satiety, but is shockingly just like the southern version made with heavy mayo and other unhealthy ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1. In a small bowl mix the tuna, yogurt, mustard, pepper, salt if using, celery, onion powder, garlic powder, juice of one lemon, and combine well.
- Next add in the diced celery and pecans (or almonds). Stir again and toss to combine.
- Add the shredded lettuce to a bowl and top with the tuna.
- Add parsley, pepper, and a few pecan slices for garnish if desired.
- Serve for a large lunch or split between 2 servings for a smaller lunch paired with some fruit or baby carrots as a lighter lunch.