- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Makes 8 to 10 large clover crispies
It doesn't take the Luck O' the Irish to create clover crispies that your entire family will love!
- In a large, non-stick saucepan, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows, and cook over low heat until the marshmallows are melted, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the green food coloring to the marshmallow mixture until you achieve the desired shade of green.
- Stir in the rice cereal until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Press the rice cereal mixture into a large, buttered pan (9x13 will work fine).
- Using a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the clover crispy treats (buttering the cookie cutter helps keep things from sticking).
- Transfer the clover crispies to waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- To decorate: Add sprinkles on top or melt some of the white candy melts to decorate the shamrocks. Add green frosting if desired.