- 15 Minutes
- 24 Minutes
- Makes 9 Pop Tarts
Pop tarts are a fun treat, but they're even better when they're homemade. Create these coffin shaped homemade pop tarts for a sweet treat this Halloween!
- Unroll both pie crusts and flatten. Use the coffin-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 18 coffins from the dough (this will make 9 tarts).
- On a lined cookie sheet, please half of the coffins. Place a small amount of jelly in the center of each coffin (keep the jelly at least ¼-inch away from the edges).
- Use a pastry brush to brush a little water around the edge of each coffin, then place the remaining 9 coffin pieces on top of the others (the water will help stick the edges together).
- Use a fork to crimp around the entire perimeter of each coffin.
- Use a fork to poke three sets of holes in the top of each coffin.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 18 to 24 minutes, until they’re lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Use the orange icing to pipe the spider webs, and use black icing to pipe the spiders. (To create the spiders’ legs, place a bit of black icing in a bag and snip the tiniest hole so you can keep the legs nice and skinny!)