- 3 hours
- 2 hours
This smoky cola jerky is made with boneless beef sirloin, soaked in a sweet honey, soy sauce marinade for a snack full of flavor.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cola, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and 1 tablespoon of salt to a simmer over medium heat. Cook and stir often until reduced in half. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Trim excess fat from the beef and slice into 1/4-inch thick strips. Pour the reduced cola mixture into a large Ziploc bag and add the strips of beef and the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce . Press the air out and let marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line two half sheet pans with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Place the strips of marinated meat on each rack in a single layer. Discard the marinate.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until dry but still bendable. Turn the meat a few times during the cooking process. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.