- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
Traditional colcannon is basically mashed potatoes with bits of cabbage or kale mixed in. I've added the onions and carrots add additional color and flavor along with kale. You can make this version dairy free and vegan by using alternative milk. Oat milk makes a nice creamy dish, but free to substitute any milk you enjoy such as almond, rice, or soy.
- Place the olive oil into a saucepan large enough to hold all of the ingredients.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions, carrots and kale.
- Sauté for a minute or two, then add the potatoes.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put a lid on the pot and simmer on low for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Using a potato masher or immersion blender, mix until the potatoes are creamy, add more milk if needed