- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
The Irish traditional meal just got a whole lot more delicious with this corned beef and cabbage bake using a buttermilk biscuit crust filled with corned beef, cabbage, Swiss cheese, onion and Thousand Island dressing.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Cook the onion and cabbage for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover the pan while it cooks with a lid or aluminum foil so the cabbage can steam. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the corned beef, Swiss cheese and salad dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate the biscuits and place them into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press the biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Add the cabbage and onion mixture and top with corned beef mixture. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and heated all the way through. Let cool slightly before cutting into slices.