- 10 minutes
- 3 hours 15 minutes
- 6 to 8 servings
- If you need to cook your corned beef, simply boil it for about 3 hours (one hour per pound), making sure you keep the water level above the meat. You can do this step a day in advance if you want to.
- Steam the cabbage leaves for 5-8 minutes to soften. They will get bright. Do not worry that your leaves might have broken somewhat as you peeled each one from the head of cabbage.
- Place a slice of cooked corned beef in the center of a steamed cabbage leaf and top with slices of fennel, a few chives and the mustard.
- Wrap in all sides like a burrito.
- Serve whole or sliced in half.