- 5 minutes
- 25 minutes
This Cornish hen makes for a great holiday dish for two with a homemade cranberry and thyme glaze and served with your choice of vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix 2 tablespoons butter, sugar, and 2 teaspoons thyme in small bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the Cornish hen halves. Spread half of the butter mix across the skin of each hen.
- Add the hen halves, skin side down, on a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until deep brown, for about 4 minutes. Flip the hen halves, skin side up, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Transfer hen halves, skin side up, to small rimmed baking sheet. Reserve skillet (mixture will be dark). Bake the hen halves until cooked through, after about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 1/2 tablespoon flour in small bowl. Add broth, grape juice, cranberry concentrate, and remaining 1 teaspoon thyme to reserved skillet. Boil until the mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring often, for roughly 7 minutes. Mix in flour mixture and cranberries. Cook until sauce coats spoon, stirring often, for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the hen halves and pour sauce over.