- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
This is my mother-in-law's homemade Thanksgiving dressing with a whole chicken included in the ingredients. We would get this only once a year, and she finally gave me the recipe! Now we have it whenever we want it! It really could serve as a meal on its own with a vegetable side!
- Boil chicken until done. Cool to touch and debone. Save 2 quarts stock for later.
- Mix together cornbread, biscuits, and crackers in large bowl. Add sage. (More or less to taste) Stir again.
- In saved 2 quarts stock, cook onions and celery until tender. Add boiled eggs to cooked stock after celery and onions are done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour stock with celery and onions into cornbread mixture. Stir until just mixed together. This mixture should be slightly stiff, not soupy.
- Bake at 350* for about 45 minutes. If it gets too brown on top and middle is not done yet, cover loosely with foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until slightly firm.