- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
For the seafood lovers in your family...this is their dish!
- Cook shell pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Put into baking dish and set aside.
- Put shrimp and crab boil seasoning into pot of boiling water, bring back up to boil
- Put shrimp with shells still attached into pot of boiling water seasoned with the Cajun boil; boil 4 minutes or until shrimp has turned pink.
- Remove shrimp and separate (peel) from shells. Put shrimp shells back into Cajun boil; leave on low boil Let shrimp cool
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of flour; stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of stock (without shells) and stir. Add ¼ cup Cognac, stir in, and cook 1 minute.
- Add 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and stir in. Add ½ cup heavy cream, add ½ cup whole milk; stir and break up any lumps and make sure sauce is bubbling (boiling) before adding cheeses. Add 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese and stir in. Add 1 ½ cups Monterrey Jack and Cheddar mix and stir until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Fold crab meat into sauce. Add the cooked shrimp and fold into sauce. Pour sauce mixture over shell pasta, stir to work in pasta. Sprinkle Monterey and Cheddar mix over top (just enough to cover everything in baking dish). Place into oven heated at 350 degrees and bake 15 – 20 minutes or until cheeses on top are nicely melted and lightly browned and edges are bubbling.