- 30 minutes
- 3 hours
These are super-delicious, warm, and comforting--the perfect dessert for the holiday season.
- Cut off the stem end of each apple and scoop out the center/core to create a bowl in each apple. Use an apple peeler to peel off about ¼-inch of skin around the top edge of each apple (for prettiness).
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, orange zest, orange juice, the cereal, brown sugar, cranberries, walnuts, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into each apple and stuff into the "bowl" of the apple.
- Place the apples in a slow cooker, then add one tablespoon of butter on top of each apple.
- Pour the apple juice into the slow cooker, around the apples.
- Cook 2 to 3 hours on low heat or until the apples are soft (but not so soft that they become applesauce).
- Serve topped with maple syrup.