- 25 minutes
- 30 minutes
This is similar to that delicious chipped beef your grandmother made. It' s filling, which is what you want for Super Bowl Sunday when people have a tendency to snack all day. This recipe calls for Naan bread, a traditional Indian bread that pairs well with these flavors, but any pita bread is just as good. These crispy toasties are classy alternatives to chips and crackers.
- Cook the onions in three tablespoons of butter until transparent. Do not allow onions to brown. Pour cooked onions in large mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese and let the heat from the onions melt it slightly. It will continue to soften as you grind your beef.
- Place beef in food processor and chop/grind into small pieces.
- Add sour cream and mix with cream cheese, onions and salt. Add chipped beef and mix all ingredients thoroughly. Scrape mixture into a casserole or other baking dish.
- Bake until bubbly and change oven setting to broil. Broil mixture until it is slightly brown on top. Remove casserole dish from oven and set aside.
- Place Naan bread or pitas on a cookie sheet for toasting. Do not butter. When toasted golden brown, flip and toast other side on other side. When toasted and crisp, cut into bite sized pieces. Top with dip and serve.