- 10 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined dish to drain. Chop into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, garlic and onion powder to the pan. Season with the salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Mix in the bacon and remove from the heat.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and mix for 1 minute. Season with the salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream until smooth and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the Brussels sprouts and mix to combine. Transfer to the casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Recipe Tip: Instead of Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower or any combination of these vegetables would be delicious as well!