- 15 minutes
- 40 minutes
Seasoned scallops and crispy bacon served in a creamy garlic sauce over spaghetti is a rich and delicious dinner for two that is perfect for Valentine's Day.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon until crispy; set it aside to cool and then chop it.
- In the same pan with the bacon fat, place the scallops and cook for approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove the scallops and set them aside.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan and add the olive oil, butter, and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes (don't burn the garlic).
- Add the wine and the stock and cook for several minutes.
- Add the cream, parsley, and oregano and simmer for several minutes, until the cream begins to thicken.
- At that point, add the tomatoes, bacon, scallops, spaghetti, and Parmesan. Cook for another minute or two to get everything warm.
- Serve with spaghetti and top with extra Parmesan cheese if you wish.