- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
There’s nothing quite like a chicken dish for dinner. It’s comforting and a great go-to for an easy meal the whole family will love. So, for your next dinner, give this creamy and citrusy recipe a try. Featuring orzo, corn, zucchini, chicken and a creamy lemon white wine sauce, this dish is a complete meal that’s packed with flavor. And for the adults in the family, since it’s made with pinot grigio wine, it naturally pairs perfectly with a glass of your favorite brand, like Artie.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook orzo according to the package directions and drain. Transfer the orzo to a serving dish.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a dish. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan over medium heat. Sauté the corn and zucchini for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is softened. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the dish with orzo.
- Wipe the sauté pan clean and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth, wine and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over orzo and vegetables and toss to combine. Top with the prepared chicken breasts and garnish with chopped parsley.