- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
As you’re planning out your game-watching menu, buffalo wings are probably one of the first things you think about. This season, give these Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites a try. Breaded and crisped in the oven, these zesty snacks are a little lighter than their fried counterparts. Serve with the classic accompaniments like carrot sticks, celery and blue cheese or ranch dressing. And if you have leftovers after the game clock runs out, save them for another day. They can be easily reheated in the oven or in an air fryer.
- Place chicken, 1/2 cup hot sauce and buttermilk in a large zip-top bag and marinate for at least 1 hour. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, spices, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish. In a separate dish, whisk eggs until thoroughly beaten. In a third dish, add crushed corn flakes.
- Dip each piece of chicken in flour, then egg, then cornflakes, making sure to evenly coat. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all chicken is breaded. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Whisk remaining hot sauce with melted butter and pour over chicken on the baking sheet. Toss with tongs to evenly coat. Using the broiler oven setting, cook for 3 additional minutes, until hot sauce turns into a sticky glaze (check every minute or so to make sure they don’t burn).
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery and blue cheese for dipping.