- 15 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
This easy cod recipe only takes about fifteen minutes to bake, so it makes a quick and healthy protein source for lunch or dinner. Try this tasty recipe today!
- Season the cod filets with salt and pepper and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter and stir in the minced garlic. Cook for approximately 1 minute. Add the breadcrumbs and stir constantly until they start to become lightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the lemon juice, the lemon zest, the Dijon mustard, the Parmesan cheese, the onion powder, the dried basil, and the parsley. Stir well. Cook for a couple more minutes—don’t let the breadcrumbs burn. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mixture onto each filet and press the breadcrumbs into the fish until they’re thoroughly coated.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the fish is thoroughly cooks and flakes easily with a fork.