- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Make the sauce: whisk together all ingredients in the sauce section and set aside for serving.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine curry powder, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda, lime seltzer, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Gradually whisk in 1 ¾ cups flour until batter is smooth.
- In a large plate or wide, shallow bowl, mix together remaining flour and salt. Pour two inches of fry oil into a Dutch oven or deep-sided cast iron skillet and heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Drop the chicken pieces in the batter and toss to coat. Using a fork, lift a piece of chicken from the batter and let excess drain off and then drop into the flour dredge. Flip the chicken pieces a couple of times to coat in flour and then shake off the excess flour before dropping the chicken into the hot oil.
- Working in batches, fry the chicken tenders until crispy and golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Use a slotted spoon or spider to lift the chicken tenders from the oil and let drain on sheet pan lined with paper towels. Repeat process until all chicken is cooked. Serve immediately with the Tom Yum sauce for dipping and lime wedges to be squeezed over the chicken as desired.