- 15 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
Want the perfect Father's Day recipe for breakfast? These 'dadcakes', are the solution. Bacon, cheese, and green onion pancakes will make his day!
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a large skillet until evenly brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, mix in green onions with the bacon and sauté until somewhat softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use a strainer and drain the bacon mixture.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Combine the bacon mixture, milk, Cheddar cheese, eggs, melted butter, and sugar with the flour mixture and mix until smooth. Set aside and allow batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, chipotle chili powder and mix until chili powder is completely dissolved.
- Warm 1 teaspoon bacon drippings, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1 teaspoon butter on a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Pour batter by 1/4-cupful onto the griddle, cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, this will take about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Plate the pancakes, top with maple syrup, deliver to Dad and wish him a Happy Father’s Day!