- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- Makes 8 to 10 large waffles
Reminiscent of a brownie, only in waffle form! Start your day off right with these delicious waffles.
- Combine the cocoa, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the bittersweet chocolate.
- Pour ¾ cup of batter (more or less as needed) to your pre-heated and prepared waffle iron (lightly greased).
- Cook until the waffle is crispy. You can keep the waffles in a warm oven as you cook the rest of the waffles.
- To make the whipped cream, place the cream, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Decorate the waffles as you wish using whipped cream, the leftover mini chocolate chips, the sprinkles, the berries, and chocolate or maple syrup.