- 25 minutes
- 12 minutes
- 8-10 slices
Get festive with this fruit pizza with an assortment of berries and other fresh fruits on top of a cookie cake covered in a creamy frosting.
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add butter, yogurt, and sugar in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to stir together until smooth.
- Add the egg, and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan and place a thin layer of cookie dough on the pan to create the crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and allow it cool for 5 minutes.
- After it cools but while it is still warm, cut out the shape of a skull.
- Place the cookie to the side to cool completely.
- Make the frosting in a medium bowl by mixing the cream cheese, yogurt, powdered sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Spread the frosting evenly across the cookie.
- Arrange the fruit to create a Day of the Dead sugar skull design.
- Mix together the apricot preserves and water and run the blend through a filter to remove lumps.
- Gently brush the mixture onto the fruit to create a glaze.
- Refrigerate your skull fruit cookie cake until ready to serve.