- 2 Hours
- 30 Minutes
- Makes 24 Cake Balls.
These sweet treats might look like deviled eggs, but they are actually delicious cake balls. Perfect for April Fool's Day or Easter. Get the recipe.
- Once your cake has cooled, break up the cake into crumbs in a large bowl.
- Add 1 can of white frosting and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each “half-egg” of your silicon mold with the cake mixture. Press firmly to fill each cavity of the mold completely.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt your almond bark in a bowl according to package directions.
- Remove your “eggs” from the molds and use a fork to dip them into the almond bark. Tap off the excess and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Allow to set.
- In a bowl, combine 1 can white frosting, the powdered sugar, and enough yellow food coloring to achieve the desired “egg yolk” color.
- Pipe the yellow frosting on each egg to mimic the appearance of a deviled egg. Add a small amount of sugar sprinkles before the frosting sets.