- 1 hour
- 30 minutes
- Makes 12 cupcakes
These adorable dog cupcakes are almost too charming to eat! And they're super easy to make using just a circle decorating tip and a few pieces of candy.
- Divide the vanilla frosting into two equal parts. Leave one portion white, and combine the other portion with cocoa powder and yellow food coloring until it reaches a shade of tan. Start with a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a drop or two of food coloring; then add more of each until the frosting reaches the shade of tan you desire.
- Place the tan frosting in a piping bag and the white frosting in a second piping bag; fit the piping bags with small circle tips.
- Using the tan frosting, start in the middle of a cupcake and pipe downward-curved lines out to each side, like a mask. Then use the white icing to fill in the forehead and chin areas. With the tan icing again, pipe long ears. (See photo for reference.)
- For the eyes, take two mini chocolate chips and press them into the tan "mask" with points down. Use a large chocolate chip for the nose.
- Cut a small tongue shape (round on one end, flat on the other) out of the red fruit leather, and pinch the flat end to create a teardrop. Press into the frosting right beneath the nose.
- (For fun, you can also shape dog bones out of Tootsie Roll candies!)