- 25 Minutes
- 0 Minutes
- 24 Cake Pops
Simple, cute and tasty, these treats are as fun to make as they are to eat! Get the kids involved with the dipping and the decorating for a deliciously easy activity. With only six items needed to make your Donut Hole Pumpkin Cake Pops, they’re an affordable way to celebrate Halloween with some festive family fun. Head to your neighborhood Food Lion for everything you need to plant your own sweet-themed pumpkin patch today!
- Place red and yellow food coloring tubes in air-tight plastic bags and submerge in warm water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt white chocolate in microwave: start with 20 seconds at full power, stirring with a spoon, and continue with 15-second intervals until lumps are gone, being careful not to burn.
- Remove food coloring from bags and drop 7 drops of red and 7 drops of yellow into fully-melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Dip each lollipop stick into melted chocolate, then insert the stick into a donut hole. Place pops in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, or until the sticks are “set.” Stir chocolate every few minutes so it doesn’t harden.
- Dip each donut hole into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Refrigerate until hardened.
- Using a green icing tube or decorating pouch, draw “pumpkin vines” coming from where the lollipop stick was placed. Alternatively, use green lollipop sticks. Serve in cupcake or muffin liners.