- 15 Minutes
- 25 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, milk, juice, oil, vanilla and zest in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- For the whipped ganache frosting, add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles begin to form (do not bring to a boil).
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in the salt. Allow the ganache to become firm.
- Whip ganache on medium-high-speed using a hand mixer until fluffy. Frost the cooled cupcakes.
Recipe Tip: Allow the ganache to firm up at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Whisk occasionally to prevent any lumps.